Advertisement:
Ohmygossip.com / Ohmygossip Couture / Celebrity Birthdays / Celebrity Deaths / Celebrity Baby News / Celebrity vacations / Reality TV news / Millionaires / Celebirty Travel News
NordenBladet.com / Society & Business / Travel & Culture / Home & Kids / Health & Spirituality / Helena-Reet Ennet´s blog / Daily news from Scandinavia / Royals / Climate crises
OHMYGOSSIP

Coronation Street stars fearful as group scenes are cut down

OHMYGOSSIP — ‘Coronation Street’ stars are concerned as show bosses have cut down the number of characters that can appear in a storyline.
The ITV soap has been forced to adopt a “minimal” approach to ensemble scenes – such as those in the Rovers Return Inn – due to cost-cutting measures and the move is said to have alarmed cast members who are paid by the scene.
‘Corrie’ chiefs have also cut down the amount of extras used and have increased “back-to-back” filming that sees the stars on set for most of the day.
An insider told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: “The bosses have decided we will take a far more minimal approach to storylines going forward, and are cutting the number of actors who appear in them. As large numbers of the cast are paid by scene, that means paying fewer actors to be on set.
“The changes haven’t gone down well with the cast. Many of them are panicking about what these cuts mean for their futures. The Corrie cast is absolutely massive – it has well over 50 cast members in total – and some of them haven’t filmed for weeks, so they are starting to get really worried about the axe falling on them before long. There is currently a real feeling of disquiet behind the scenes and people are openly sharing their concerns.”
A separate source added: “The bosses are clearly trying to cut down on additional costs that are deemed surplus to requirements, which makes a lot of sense when you look at the pressures being felt all across the industry. But it has been quite unsettling for the cast and crew, and it feels like a very uncertain time.”
The Manchester-set soap was criticised earlier this week by former star Bruce Jones, who played Les Battersby between 1997 and 2007, for losing its identity as he questioned the amount of murder plots and unrealistic stories.
Speaking to The Guardian newspaper, the 71-year-old actor said: “I watched it from day one, but now my wife says it’s not worth watching. You can’t have that many murders on one street.
“It’s not the actors fault. They’re all doing a good job, but it’s the writers that have changed.
“I think we’ve lost that element of what Manchester life is all about. The writers we had were all living Manchester city life.”

Source: VacationHunter.Online




Advertisement:





High quality & nature friendly luxury cosmetics from Scandinavia - ElishevaShoshana.com

Copyright © NordenBladet 2008-2023 All Rights Reserved.
Scandinavian / Nordic news and info in English.
Nordic News Service & Link Directory