Advertisement:
Ohmygossip.com / Ohmygossip Couture / Celebrity Birthdays / Celebrity Deaths / Celebrity Baby News / Celebrity vacations / Reality TV news / Millionaires / Celebirty Travel News
NordenBladet.com / Society & Business / Travel & Culture / Home & Kids / Health & Spirituality / Helena-Reet Ennet´s blog / Daily news from Scandinavia / Royals / Climate crises
OHMYGOSSIP

Matt Hancock suspended from Conservative Party after signing up for I’m A Celebrity

OHMYGOSSIP — Matt Hancock has been suspended from the Conservative Party after signing up for ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’.
The former Health Secretary is expected take part in this year’s series of the ITV show as one of two latecomers, after the initial 10 celebrities have entered the Australian jungle camp on Sunday (06.11.22), but he has lost the whip as a result of reports he is going to appear Down Under.
Simon Hart, the Chief Whip, said: “Following a conversation with Matt Hancock, I have considered the situation and believe this is a matter serious enough to warrant suspension of the whip with immediate effect.”
However, West Suffolk MP Matt is not expected to serve in government again, and is said to see the show as an “incredible opportunity”.
A political ally close to Matt told The Sun newspaper: “‘I’m A Celeb’ is the most watched show on TV. Matt doesn’t expect to serve in government again, so it’s an incredible opportunity for him to engage with the 12 million Brits who tune in every single night.
“Matt has always believed in communicating directly with the people he represents – whether that’s getting out and pounding the streets in West Suffolk, through all sorts of media or via those press conferences.
“There are many ways to do the job of being an MP. Whether he’s in camp for one day or three weeks, there are very few places people will be able to see a politician as they really are.
“Where better to show the human side of those who make these decisions than with the most watched programme on TV? “Politicians like Matt must go to where the people are – particularly those who are politically disengaged.
“Matt’s of the view that we must embrace popular culture. Rather than looking down on reality TV, we should see it for what it is – a powerful tool to get our message heard by younger generations.”
A Downing Street spokesperson said: “The PM believes that at a challenging time for the country MPs should be working hard for their constituents whether that’s in the House or indeed in their constituencies.”
It is expected that the 44-year-old politician and comedian Seann Walsh will head into camp when the series is already underway.
A TV insider told the publication: “Matt is a sensational signing for the show as producers love a star with a story to tell – and they always hope they’ll spill the beans round the campfire.”
Matt – who was recently said to have been approached to appear on the next series of ‘Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins’ – previously came under fire after he was caught kissing his aide Gina Coladangelo amid the COVID-19 pandemic, when social distancing guidance was in place.
Matt and Seann are set to join up with pop icon Boy George, ‘Coronation Street’ star Sue Cleaver, ‘Hollyoaks’ actor Owen Warner, former England rugby player Mike Tindall, radio presenter Chris Moyles, England Lioness Jill Scott, comedian Babatunde Aleshe, former ‘Love Island’ star Olivia Attwood, and TV presenters Charlene White and Scarlette Douglas in camp.

Source: VacationHunter.Online




Advertisement:





High quality & nature friendly luxury cosmetics from Scandinavia - ElishevaShoshana.com

Copyright © NordenBladet 2008-2022 All Rights Reserved.
Scandinavian / Nordic news and info in English.
Nordic News Service & Link Directory