Advertisement:
Ohmygossip.com / Ohmygossip Couture / Celebrity Birthdays / Celebrity Deaths / Celebrity Baby News / Celebrity vacations / Reality TV news / Millionaires / Celebirty Travel News
NordenBladet.com / Society & Business / Travel & Culture / Home & Kids / Health & Spirituality / Helena-Reet Ennet´s blog / Daily news from Scandinavia / Royals / Climate crises
OHMYGOSSIP

Jonathan Dimbleby to front documentary about Queen Elizabeth

OHMYGOSSIP — Jonathan Dimbleby will front a feature-length documentary about the life of Queen Elizabeth.
The 78-year-old broadcaster will present ‘Queen Elizabeth II – The Longest Reign’ on ITV on Friday (09.09.22) evening, with the 90-minute programme airing at 8.30pm.
The documentary will use archive footage to chart the 70-year reign of the late monarch – who died on Thursday (08.09.22) aged 96 – from the moment she took the crown, to the splendour of her coronation, the ups and downs of the 20th century to the present day.
ITV said: “Using a powerful archive, this feature length documentary examines the vital role Elizabeth has played both at home, during a period of rapid social and cultural change, and abroad, leading Britain and the Commonwealth on the international political stage.”
The programme will be followed by an hour-long ‘News at 10’ special fronted by Julie Etchingham.
ITV have cancelled most of their regular programming today to focus on news coverage of the queen’s tragic passing.
The entire BBC One schedule has been dedicated to special programming and news broadcasts, and so some popular shows, including ‘EastEnders’ and ‘Pointless’ have been added to BBC Two’s output for the day.
Buckingham Palace announced at around 6.30pm on Thursday that the queen had died and her son is now King Charles.
A message on the official royal family website said: “The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.
“The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow.”
Earlier in the day, it had been revealed doctors had grown “concerned” for the Queen’s health and she was placed under “medical supervision”.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.
“The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral.”

Source: VacationHunter.Online




Advertisement:





High quality & nature friendly luxury cosmetics from Scandinavia - ElishevaShoshana.com

Copyright © NordenBladet 2008-2022 All Rights Reserved.
Scandinavian / Nordic news and info in English.
Nordic News Service & Link Directory