Advertisement:
Ohmygossip.com / Ohmygossip Couture / Celebrity Birthdays / Celebrity Deaths / Celebrity Baby News / Celebrity vacations / Reality TV news / Millionaires / Celebirty Travel News
NordenBladet.com / Society & Business / Travel & Culture / Home & Kids / Health & Spirituality / Helena-Reet Ennet´s blog / Daily news from Scandinavia / Royals / Climate crises
OHMYGOSSIP

Ugo Monye on Strictly exit: My body wasn’t willing to do what my head wanted

OHMYGOSSIP — Ugo Monye has admitted his body “wasn’t willing” to do what his head wanted him to do on ‘Strictly Come Dancing’.
The former rugby union player became the latest contestant to be axed from the BBC One Latin and ballroom dancing competition over the weekend, and the 38-year-old star insisted that following his back injury earlier this month it was tough to grasp the moves.
Speaking on ‘Strictly – It Takes Two’, Ugo – who was partnered with pro dancer Oti Mabuse – said: “I think everyone appreciates that health is the most important thing and I can’t be any more grateful for Oti and the person that she is and the coach that she is but unfortunately, my body wasn’t quite willing to do the things that my head was telling me.”
Oti admitted it felt as though the pair were “starting from the beginning” last week, after they missed the previous week due to his back injury.
When asked about returning after missing a week, Oti said: “I think for both of us, it felt like we were starting from the beginning.
“This felt officially like Week One where we could still build up and get to the top of that leader board.
“But, we did give our best and [Ugo] did try so hard during the week and he was managing his injury.
“All week, I was asking, ‘Are you OK?’
“But for me, what I really loved and appreciated was that he didn’t complain and he wanted to be there.
“There was this drive, this will and passion for this beautiful show.”
However, Ugo doesn’t have any regrets about taking part in the show.
He said: “I do look back at my time with zero regrets. Did I have more to give? Yeah, I think so. Did I have more to give than the remaining contestants?
“Absolutely not because they are spectacular! So, genuinely, for me to do Strictly was amazing. It’s a BBC institution and to be able to do it with Oti was incredible.”
‘Strictly – It Takes Two’ airs every weeknight at 6:30pm on BBC Two and ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ is on Saturday and Sunday nights on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.

Source: VacationHunter.Online
Find us also on Facebook @Ohmygossip.com




Advertisement:





High quality & nature friendly luxury cosmetics from Scandinavia - ElishevaShoshana.com

error: Content is protected !!
Copyright © NordenBladet 2008-2021 All Rights Reserved.
Scandinavian / Nordic news and info in English.
Nordic News Service & Link Directory