Advertisement:
Ohmygossip.com / Ohmygossip Couture / Celebrity Birthdays / Celebrity Deaths / Celebrity Baby News / Celebrity vacations / Reality TV news / Millionaires / Celebirty Travel News
NordenBladet.com / Society & Business / Travel & Culture / Home & Kids / Health & Spirituality / Helena-Reet Ennet´s blog / Daily news from Scandinavia / Royals / Climate crises
OHMYGOSSIP

Ugo Monye ‘doing OK’ ahead of Strictly Come Dancing return

OHMYGOSSIP — Strictly Come Dancing’s Ugo Monye is “doing OK” following his back injury.
The former rugby union player did not compete on the show last week due to the injury, but he and his pro partner Oti Mabuse, 31, will be back on Saturday (23.10.21) to dance the Rumba to ‘Leave The Door Open’ by Bruno Mars, Anderson Paak and Silk Sonic.
The ‘Question of Sport’ team captain told BBC One’s ‘Strictly: It Takes Two’ that he was “doing OK” after he had injections to his spine, and he praised Oti for being a “trooper” in supporting him.
Ugo admitted he was “bored at home” watching all the other contestants perform on last week’s show.
He said: “I was bored at home sat on my own, and thought I would give a critique on everyone else.
“It felt unnatural being at home and not in the studio. It was so nice to be able to watch everyone and support them and send that level of positivity.”
The 38-year-old star said it was tough getting back into the studio after his injury because he did not know his limits yet.
He explained: “It’s trying to get a balance between doing enough and not allowing my back to flare up, which is so frustrating because the lines are blurred.
“I want to keep pushing and pushing and pushing, but I don’t want to push too far whereby I can’t dance on Saturday. That’s the tough thing and competitive side of me.”
Ugo was admitted to hospital last week for emergency surgery, and gave an update to fans afterwards.
Speaking on his Instagram Story, he said: “A quick update. Just had the procedure done and spoke to the doctor, he’s really happy with how everything went.
“Slightly groggy, so going to head home and rest up and recover over the next couple of days. I just want to wish all the contestants all the very best of luck. I’m absolutely gutted that I can’t dance this week, that I won’t be there. But can’t wait to get back and flying next week, so good luck to everyone I’ll be cheerleading off the sofa. Take care and I’ll see you soon.”
Last week, actor Greg Wise, 55, was booted off the show, alongside professional dance partner Karen Hauer, 39.

Source: VacationHunter.Online
Find us also on Facebook @Ohmygossip.com




Advertisement:





High quality & nature friendly luxury cosmetics from Scandinavia - ElishevaShoshana.com

error: Content is protected !!
Copyright © NordenBladet 2008-2021 All Rights Reserved.
Scandinavian / Nordic news and info in English.
Nordic News Service & Link Directory