Advertisement:
Ohmygossip.com / Ohmygossip Couture / Celebrity Birthdays / Celebrity Deaths / Celebrity Baby News / Celebrity vacations / Reality TV news / Millionaires / Celebirty Travel News
NordenBladet.com / Society & Business / Travel & Culture / Home & Kids / Health & Spirituality / Helena-Reet Ennet´s blog / Daily news from Scandinavia / Royals / Climate crises
OHMYGOSSIP

Anton Du Beke: Strictly is geared up like we’re still in grip of coronavirus pandemic

OHMYGOSSIP — Anton Du Beke has insisted everyone on ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ is treating it as though “we’re still in the grip of the pandemic”.
The 55-year-old pro dancer, who will be a judge on the new series of the BBC show, has addressed speculation that three of this year’s pros haven’t had the coronavirus vaccine by insisting everyone on the programme is taking COVID “very seriously”.
When asked if he knows what is going on, he said: “In all seriousness I don’t know anything about it because I’m not one of the pros anymore. So I’m not involved in the group.
“If it’s like last year then everyone is tested every week anyway, everyone is bubbling [up] and everyone is keeping distance and wearing face masks in the studio.
“The whole thing is geared up like we’re still in the grip of the whole thing.
“I know ‘Strictly’, because it’s a live show and we don’t want any nasty incidences, I know they’re treating is as though we’re still in the grip of the pandemic so it’s all being taken very seriously.”
In last year’s series, pro dancer Katya Jones and her celebrity partner Nicola Adams were forced to leave the show early after they tested positive for coronavirus.
And Anton admitted it is a “worry” that something similar could happen during this year’s series to more than one pairing, which could force the show off air.
Speaking on ‘Good Morning Britain’, he said: “Fortunately, that was an isolated situation last year.
“The worry of course is, if you get one of those you can survive, but if you get something that spreads through the group, that’s the end of the show … nobody wants that. Everybody wants the show to work. They’re all taking it really seriously and are treating it as though we’re in the middle of the pandemic.”
On Thursday night (23.09.21), the BBC said in a statement: “A lot has been written about vaccinations and ‘Strictly’ in recent days. The BBC has never commented nor confirmed the vaccination status of anyone on the show. It’s not our place to.
“It is not the case that concerns have been raised with the BBC or the ‘Strictly’ production team from dancers or celebrities about vaccination, or that they have threatened to quit.
“We have in place strict procedures to protect those on the show and the wider production. Among the many measures in place on ‘Strictly’, the dancers are tested regularly to be in close contact with their partners.
“The cast, crew and everyone working on Strictly are focused on this weekend’s first live show and delivering another brilliant series.”

Source: VacationHunter.Online
Find us also on Facebook @Ohmygossip.com




Advertisement:





High quality & nature friendly luxury cosmetics from Scandinavia - ElishevaShoshana.com

error: Content is protected !!
Copyright © NordenBladet 2008-2021 All Rights Reserved.
Scandinavian / Nordic news and info in English.
Nordic News Service & Link Directory