Advertisement:
OHMYGOSSIP

Martin Roberts rushed to hospital after contact with poisonous plant

OHMYGOSSIP — Martin Roberts was rushed to hospital after accidentally rubbing a poisonous plant in his eyes.
The ‘Homes Under The Hammer’ host had to head to A&E at 3.30am after the painful gardening accident – caused by the Euphorbia plant – left him with swollen and streaming eyes when he touched the evergreen perennial and got the toxic sap on his eyes.
Talking on Instagram, he explained: “This is a really important warning, it’s 3.30am in the morning and I’m in A&E.
“After doing some gardening earlier on and there’s a plant called Euphorbia, you need to look it up on the internet because it’s in lots of people’s gardens.”
The milky sap can even cause permanent blindness if it’s left untreated, and it irritates the skin and eyes with a severe burning sensation while causing blurred vision.
The 56-year-old presenter – who appeared on ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ three years ago – urged his followers to “look out” for the dangerous plant.
He added: “If you cut it as I did, it produces a sap, a white sap and if you get that on your hands, and worse, if you get it on your eyes then it causes some serious issues and that’s exactly what I am like now.
“So it’s got worse and worse and worse this evening and I couldn’t sleep so now I’m just waiting to see a doctor. So listen, look out for this plant Euphorbia it’s green and has yellowy, green leaves.”
The Royal Horticultural Society advises gardeners to avoid the risk of contamination by covering their skin and wearing gloves, while it’s always worth checking plant labels for toxicity warnings and avoiding eating non-food plants.

Source: celebretainment.com
Find us also on Twitter @OHMYGOSSIP and @OHMYGOSSIP_USA


Advertisement:
error: Content is protected !!
Copyright © NordenBladet 2008-2019 All Rights Reserved.
Scandinavian / Nordic news and info in English.
Nordic News Service & Link Directory